Legacy Foundation Registered Charity No 978 is the philanthropic arm of the Barbados Public Workers’ Co-operative Credit Union Limited and its associated companies. Our Foundation was established as a charitable organization so that credit union members and charity-minded Barbadians could pool their charitable donations and help to leave a positive, lasting impression on Barbados while seeking to ensure the sustainability of our members and our society.
For this reason Legacy Foundation has taken a broad, long-term, generational view of our corporate philanthropic efforts and focuses on initiatives that meet the needs of our membership and the communities where our Group of companies operate.
Applications are welcome from local organizations both private and public, groups including local community, self-help or voluntary and charities or individuals acting on behalf of the local community whose primary focus aligns with the fundamental and key community impact objectives of Legacy Foundation which are:
Requests from the communities where we conduct business and charitable organizations that provide direct community service are given priority consideration for grant funding. All decisions on funding are at the sole discretion of the Legacy Foundation Board of Trustees.
Funding will not be considered for the following:
- Political organizations or social clubs
- Individual requests for financial support
- General fundraising events
- Sports events, charity balls or galas
- Beautification projects
The Trustees will take into consideration the following when evaluating requests:
- The ability of the project to directly impact the intended target group
- A clear evaluation process with planned and measurable outcomes for use of funds
- The ability of the project to supply relevant and much needed services to underserved groups
- The sustainability of the programmes / projects
- Track record of the organization
Please note that funding approved for all projects which include the purchase of equipment and / or supplies Legacy Foundation remits payment directly to the vendor.
Should you have any questions regarding these guidelines or the application process please do not hesitate to contact the Foundations’ programme coordinator.